Quests while Partying

Discern

Quests while Partying

Postby Discern » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:25 pm

I noticed while leveling with someone today that quests only get counted towards you killing something by the killshot.....can you make it to where when grouped up that it counts for the entire party? Not sure if it was doable, but questing as a group, it would be handy.

Folder

Re: Quests while Partying

Postby Folder » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:35 pm

Could be good. Obviously it's a huge boost to party questing, but I don't really see the problem there.
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:59 pm

Cant do this unless we limit parties to 5 or something around that, otherwise having it check all quests on all people per kill is going to be a lagfest.

Discern

Postby Discern » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:13 pm

Oh ok that makes sense actually. Thought I'd see if it was possible lol.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:08 pm

NiteHawk wrote:Cant do this unless we limit parties to 5 or something around that, otherwise having it check all quests on all people per kill is going to be a lagfest.

Might not be a terrible idea to limit parties to 5 regardless of the quests thing. Would make oads easier to balance and whatnot interested to see what others think.

Folder

Postby Folder » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:51 am

Uhh, hmm that's an interesting idea Lat.

If we wanted to do that I think 8 is a better target, 5 is somewhat limiting if we're looking at large scale "raid type" oads.

Of course what's to prevent multiple parties from going into an oad room? They would need to be designed with a party limit in mind and use keys or something to prevent multiple groups from going in.

Then again I'm fond of the idea of multiple groups meeting up and fighting at an oad boss. That can be very fun and I don't think we should always disallow it by locking off boss rooms.
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:45 am

Folder wrote:Uhh, hmm that's an interesting idea Lat.

If we wanted to do that I think 8 is a better target, 5 is somewhat limiting if we're looking at large scale "raid type" oads.

Of course what's to prevent multiple parties from going into an oad room? They would need to be designed with a party limit in mind and use keys or something to prevent multiple groups from going in.

Then again I'm fond of the idea of multiple groups meeting up and fighting at an oad boss. That can be very fun and I don't think we should always disallow it by locking off boss rooms.

The needed key would be the prevention. If that is the case. It doens't need to always be like that though, it's something the builder decides.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:04 am

Make it 6! Then I can pretend I am playing Baldurs Gate or something.
PS. I think a party size limit would be a good idea though.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

RallosZek

Postby RallosZek » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:05 pm

Quest sharing would be great. Can get slightly annoying when you are playing with someone that you greatly out DPS and you have to consistently get things to critical and rely on them to finish it off.

Sicx

Postby Sicx » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:06 pm

I'm agreeable to this. 6-8 people per party, as long as we all get credit. Still sucks for Assassins. All this running around to BS. such a pain to play Assassin. Also.. it's hard as shit to in a party. All the mobs are on the bottom..people moving around..can't do chit.
In game: Diablo, Satan, Sicx, Nyte
Guardians of Darkness

Return to “Archive Chat”