Help the game.

Honzo

Re: Help the game.

Postby Honzo » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:36 am

That was kind of my underlying point Lat. It doesn't take long in ANY game these days to level, most people want to get maxed out and enjoy the top end. :) So far I've really enjoyed it and even made a comment to freak about how streamlined everything seemed. It's pretty much breadcrumb quests and I like it a lot! Ya'll keep doing what ya'll are doing! It's working, it's good, and it FEELS right.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:54 am

I agree with what Geoffrado said with regards to potion/food use. I have no problem with cash, I usually use food in between mob killing and reserve potions for special mobs/pkers. Levelling seems fine for me as it is (people at 25th have put in the work for it, hats of to 'em). Party size is ok at 6 (I would prefer 5, but that's my opinion, and we all know what they say opinions). ... Nope... all is well for me. Be nice with more areas, but that is work in progress and it seems the peeps working on it are working hard, hat off there too. Have a nice day folks.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:42 am

daedroth wrote:I agree with what Geoffrado said with regards to potion/food use. I have no problem with cash, I usually use food in between mob killing and reserve potions for special mobs/pkers. Levelling seems fine for me as it is (people at 25th have put in the work for it, hats of to 'em). Party size is ok at 6 (I would prefer 5, but that's my opinion, and we all know what they say opinions). ... Nope... all is well for me. Be nice with more areas, but that is work in progress and it seems the peeps working on it are working hard, hat off there too. Have a nice day folks.

If you use potions to speed up your leveling a bit and ignore food, then you are probably going to end up with a small amount of extra cash rather then a good deal more. One food is super cheap, heals minimum 70% (average is 80%), and generally one is all you need per cycle. For potion you could be using 3-4 of them just to heal up. It gets costly. I don't really think cash is such a huge issue now overall, but it might be a little tough at the lower levels to buy gears as well.

Scare

Postby Scare » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:31 pm

Lateralus wrote:
Scare wrote:I'm just tossing my opinion out there, and I think potions need to drop more often then anything. I'm getting no lubed. ;(

thanks for the input i take it you have been solo leveling a bit? ill see about going back and upping them a bit as well as adding more in the new areas.

Yes, I've completely been solo thus far. Granted I'm low level, but I've spent almost all gold I've made from mobs and quests on pots/food, and consume them faster then I can buy/loot them.

My character may just be the fattest character in the game. >.<

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:21 pm

Ive played 99% solo. 150k in bank now. No problem at all with money.
2 20th's (sorcy/monk), a 14th lvl, 2 12th lvl, 5 13th level clerics (decking team).
Only really using food/drink. Rarely used potions.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Deehok

Postby Deehok » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:26 pm

daedroth wrote:Ive played 99% solo. 150k in bank now. No problem at all with money.
2 20th's (sorcy/monk), a 14th lvl, 2 12th lvl, 5 13th level clerics (decking team).
Only really using food/drink. Rarely used potions.

Maybe the difference is I level in parties if I can help it. I still use pots mostly but I only have two toons, a 24 and a 19.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:40 pm

@Deehok yeh could be. If the leader of the party is rushing, you will use a lot of pots. If the loot is not divvied fairly you may not be getting as much gold as others. Be nobby nomates like me and you will never need to worry about money again! :) Only lonely sadness and slower levelling :(
I love sheep.

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:04 pm

daedroth wrote:Rarely used potions.

Well there's why you have more gold. Plus baby Scare hasn't done many quests yet I'd wager. Gold is just fine imo as long as you doing quests. If you grind all day it might suck.
<Silhouette>

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:08 pm

Folder wrote:
daedroth wrote:Rarely used potions.

Well there's why you have more gold. Plus baby Scare hasn't done many quests yet I'd wager. Gold is just fine imo as long as you doing quests. If you grind all day it might suck.

Yea upping the quest gold really helped I believe. It's something we can control (only allow a character to do once and not abuse) but still get the players rolling with some good gold equipment and exp

Scare

Postby Scare » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:59 pm

Plus I spent like 3 hours trying to get an axe for a quest, that still hasn't dropped. ;O

Return to “Archive Chat”