Help the game.

Scytso

Help the game.

Postby Scytso » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:27 pm

Ok so after seeing a lot of grief over stuff going on lately i got to say i love this game and loath it at the same time.

First off the grind. Come on the era of grinding your life away is gone ppl want end game content more than a 5 year grind. You ether bot your way to the top here or spend day after day grinding the same thing. Yall reduced partys to stop us from exploiting the one bonus we did get which was party exp. Trust me you couldnt just sit there and level stupid fast. If you did get any exp while sitting there it was roughly 1mill every 2ish hours. (I know this cause i tested it with my knight which i did nothing but taunt for the party for 2 hours.)

I honestly feel the exp needs to be reduced from 300mill+ to more like 150mill-200mill. Yes this will allow us to get to end game much faster but the grind should not be the game it should be just the start. Counter that with the ability to get crafting at lvl 25 and make crafting a level system so we can feel like we are accomplishing something rather than just grinding to be able to pk ppl. You could even add into the crafting system the colors of items so that we can make green to start and once we get to the next level of crafting for that item we can make blue and purple so on. Not to mention this is a % drop game so make crafting the best way to get gear that way its a level playing ground all around since its a single player game and some ppl wont find a party now due to the 5 man party cap. And trust me i know the game isnt at end game yet but yall are going to do what make 5 man partys and give us 10 - 20 oad's that arnt even guaranteed drops? Ya thats going to go over well. Lets grind up to 25 for a CHANCE at gear in a game that has no more than 50 players on at one time... there is a major flaw in that idea.

Second thing on the list is the drop rates. I could understand higher items haveing lower drop rates but come on items thats are ment to be leveled with and sold for gold to get anywere in the game and they was already hard enough to get yet yall desided it would be a good idea to nerf there drop rate? Instead of nerfing the drop rate you could just allow us to not have to grind the same monsters for 5 days striaght to get anywere in game and maybe we wouldnt have 5-10 of the items. I been playing since day one and i have only found 1 bone staff. I have seen 2 daggers drop, 1 bow, and 2 shields... if yall feel this is good drop rate for having played over 100 hours (i say 100 cause i cant figure out exactly how much but i know its at least that much) i beg to differ. Common and uncommon loot shouldnt be hard to find. Purples i can understand giving a 2-5% drop rate but when it comes to green items they should be 20-30% drop rate at least. If you feel this will flood the market with to many items than you could always make it so you can dismantle them for items for crafting? I know you love crafting stuff Nitehawk ;)

We are all to old to spend so much time on grinding just to get to 25 and than just to kill other players. The game is on a good path but yall are starting to back peddle. You will start losing players and than you wasted your time spending so much time coding the game just to have it die. So please take into consideration that the ppl that are getting to level 25 and finding items arnt normal players they are putting a lot of work for a very lil outcome. If you want a game to succeed you cant make its players depressed with low drop rates long ass grinds and the feeling of unaccomplished end game. Please dont let the game die.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: Help the game.

Postby NiteHawk » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:48 pm

Scytso wrote:Ok so after seeing a lot of grief over stuff going on lately i got to say i love this game and loath it at the same time.

First off the grind. Come on the era of grinding your life away is gone ppl want end game content more than a 5 year grind. You ether bot your way to the top here or spend day after day grinding the same thing. Yall reduced partys to stop us from exploiting the one bonus we did get which was party exp. Trust me you couldnt just sit there and level stupid fast. If you did get any exp while sitting there it was roughly 1mill every 2ish hours. (I know this cause i tested it with my knight which i did nothing but taunt for the party for 2 hours.)

I honestly feel the exp needs to be reduced from 300mill+ to more like 150mill-200mill. Yes this will allow us to get to end game much faster but the grind should not be the game it should be just the start. Counter that with the ability to get crafting at lvl 25 and make crafting a level system so we can feel like we are accomplishing something rather than just grinding to be able to pk ppl. You could even add into the crafting system the colors of items so that we can make green to start and once we get to the next level of crafting for that item we can make blue and purple so on. Not to mention this is a % drop game so make crafting the best way to get gear that way its a level playing ground all around since its a single player game and some ppl wont find a party now due to the 5 man party cap. And trust me i know the game isnt at end game yet but yall are going to do what make 5 man partys and give us 10 - 20 oad's that arnt even guaranteed drops? Ya thats going to go over well. Lets grind up to 25 for a CHANCE at gear in a game that has no more than 50 players on at one time... there is a major flaw in that idea.

Second thing on the list is the drop rates. I could understand higher items haveing lower drop rates but come on items thats are ment to be leveled with and sold for gold to get anywere in the game and they was already hard enough to get yet yall desided it would be a good idea to nerf there drop rate? Instead of nerfing the drop rate you could just allow us to not have to grind the same monsters for 5 days striaght to get anywere in game and maybe we wouldnt have 5-10 of the items. I been playing since day one and i have only found 1 bone staff. I have seen 2 daggers drop, 1 bow, and 2 shields... if yall feel this is good drop rate for having played over 100 hours (i say 100 cause i cant figure out exactly how much but i know its at least that much) i beg to differ. Common and uncommon loot shouldnt be hard to find. Purples i can understand giving a 2-5% drop rate but when it comes to green items they should be 20-30% drop rate at least. If you feel this will flood the market with to many items than you could always make it so you can dismantle them for items for crafting? I know you love crafting stuff Nitehawk ;)

We are all to old to spend so much time on grinding just to get to 25 and than just to kill other players. The game is on a good path but yall are starting to back peddle. You will start losing players and than you wasted your time spending so much time coding the game just to have it die. So please take into consideration that the ppl that are getting to level 25 and finding items arnt normal players they are putting a lot of work for a very lil outcome. If you want a game to succeed you cant make its players depressed with low drop rates long ass grinds and the feeling of unaccomplished end game. Please dont let the game die.

The party limit is for balance reasons, not for party EXP cap reasons. Having 15 people in a party when 30 people are online is also not very fair to people too overall. It doesn't stop things like OADs where we can still allow more then one party in. There isn't enough content, I agree, but that's more because we are working on it fast as we can. If I wanted larger parties and EXP was an issue I could just adjust how EXP worked.

I'm not changing the total EXP anytime yet. You are basing this off a week or two of the game being released. I understand your situation and maybe some classes can have some EXP reduced more, but I don't think it's that tough of a cap to hit. Right now if you limit it as well, there is ABSOUTELY nothing to do. PKing will get stale after awhile as well. I understand you want me to add tons of end game stuff too but I am not superman nor will it be fast. At least for now it gives players something to do, and in the future if it needs adjusting so people can get to end game faster, then that can be a thing. End game right now means completion. PKing is fun, but to a limit. We need more stuff in the game obviously.

We don't have OADs in game, don't know what your basing this off either. The mobs in game are simply 'higher' rates for dropping. More like a miniboss of the area. We didn't lower the drop rate of anything outside too much outside, but we stopped weapons and items from dropping in arenas. OADs (actual ones) that involve though and teamwork to get through will normally always have a drop of some sort of item. We are currently working on them but it's not the fastest thing. 30% on drop rates on regular mobs for weapons/armor? I highly disagree with that. That makes the items worthless after the third drop. What I wanted though, is that between green/store boughts can be dropped by regular mobs, while the mini bosses (1 hour, 4 hour etc mobs around) drop greens and in low caes blue.) overall. Having mobs drop the same items as the 1-4 hour mobs makes the point of having 1-4hour mobs useless and not worth it. The drop rates would be fine as they were, but you shouldn't get the same items, it makes no sense.

The crafting stuff failed in ROK, and if something was introduced, it will be basic. I.E. combine 5 items into one. And maybe a way to make potions. But that's really it.

Gold and leveling do need to be adjusted, but I'm looking into that. No ones really given me data for gold vs level as I've requested though too, which is a shame.

Drasp

Postby Drasp » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:55 pm

Was waiting for someone else to respond. I felt like mine would be too salty.

But!!! Agreed mostly with NH. Game's been out less than month. Hitting 25 in a week isn't the goal. In fact, having to grind will add more challenge to the game as more people join in (hopefully), as it will add more danger to being out and about in the wild. This will cause people to want to venture to territories that are more removed (as that content is added), thus pushing people to spread out across the map.

Also, sometimes I just enjoy swinging my large sword at random woodland creatures. It brings me a silent, mindless joy after getting home from work.

Folder

Postby Folder » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:57 pm

Not so sure I agree with this. Getting to 25 is supposed to be a big part of the journey and the game is designed for it to take some time. People are now hitting 25 and it's been what, a week and a half? People hitting 25 have put in a lot of time yes, but I don't think the journey to 25 is terribly hard. It feels a little grindy right now because the game world is small, but that's being worked on.

As far as drop rates, bone weapons were too high and I don't really think any items are too hard to find at this point in the game. You can also trade for things you don't have, you don't have to find it yourself. That said yeah crafting could be a thing but I don't see it as hugely necessary in a game like this.

Again the game has been out for a week and a half, no need for doom and gloom posts yet sir.

ilu.
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:59 pm

Folder wrote:Not so sure I agree with this. Getting to 25 is supposed to be a big part of the journey and the game is designed for it to take some time. People are now hitting 25 and it's been what, a week and a half? People hitting 25 have put in a lot of time yes, but I don't think the journey to 25 is terribly hard. It feels a little grindy right now because the game world is small, but that's being worked on.

As far as drop rates, bone weapons were too high and I don't really think any items are too hard to find at this point in the game. You can also trade for things you don't have, you don't have to find it yourself. That said yeah crafting could be a thing but I don't see it as hugely necessary in a game like this.

Again the game has been out for a week and a half, no need for doom and gloom posts yet sir.

ilu.

Well like I told Randal, I said that they shouldn't drop the same gear on regular mobs as the minibosses (1 hour/4hour etc). If anything they should drop something between store/green that can be generally sold or used at the drop rate that was earlier, but then the mini bosses can drop what the bone armor/weapons were before. I don't think that's such a bad idea, and it makes the minibosses USEFUL and saught after. Right now who gives about them because they drop the same items. So I hope he adjusts it.

Folder

Postby Folder » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:02 pm

I'd agree with that, but which minibosses drop the same things as normal mobs? For 20+ items I thought all the bosses/minibosses had unique items?

Or are you just meaning move all the stuff like bone weapons to minibosses? That could be good.
<Silhouette>

dunky

Postby dunky » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:04 pm

I like the grind. It makes me feel more attached to my character instead of just pumping out mass amounts of 25ers. I really don't think the goal of the game is to have one of each and every character at max level to do end game stuff, the journey there is more important than the destination. The destination is a bonus to completing the journey.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:08 pm

Folder wrote:I'd agree with that, but which minibosses drop the same things as normal mobs? For 20+ items I thought all the bosses/minibosses had unique items?

Or are you just meaning move all the stuff like bone weapons to minibosses? That could be good.

Well no, wiken for example the regular mobs dropped the same as the minibosses, but at a much lower rate. However, because they constantly spawned, the drop rate of regular monsters ends up being higher as a hole for time vs rewards.

I'm FINE with items dropping at a low low rate on regular mobs to be sold. but minibosses should feel useful.

Folder

Postby Folder » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:13 pm

I didn't even think there were minibosses that dropped the bone gear, and yeah I think that's backwards. Only miniboss down there I've seen is mort and the only think I know he drops is the scythe.
<Silhouette>

MoonFire

Postby MoonFire » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:21 pm

Of course the Mort Wraith and the Void Imps(Void Cloak). Can't remember what dropped the bone equipment but it didn't drop that often, no need to change that.

Return to “Archive Chat”