Nov 29th Balance Changes at DT.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Nov 29th Balance Changes at DT.

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:56 am

HERE COMES THE HATE WOOO.

-Aid, Heal, and Cure have been nerfed. AID was a set -50 (-25 when using it against undead, since /2). Paladins healing for 160-180 was not my intention. It's more inline now. The maxmium heals for cure will also be hit sooner in leveling for paladins, bards, and druids. Remember you can always drink potions too when need be. Based on testing and what it will be in the future, I feel like this change was needed to keep PVP interesting. Once OAD items are out I think we will have a well balanced system.

-SMITE is now 5MP per cast for both classes. SMITE now does a little more damage for clerics too, (Still lower then pallies, but I think the change should be helpful.). Casting SMITE on undead also has a higher then standard spell average chance to pierce through. (20% more).

-I gave sorcs 15% MR, and necros 12.5% MR rate now. (higher)

-For ninjas, I lowered MR from 15% to 10%. Which is still the third highest.. I also removed 7.5% hit rate, and left it only on dodge. So you will dodge more, but hit rate will be the same. Monks were far too powerful. They should be hopefully OK now. This still needs testing.

-Knights get a 7.5% hit rate increase, but not dodge rate. This obviously makes them hit more! Neato.

-Barbarians lose their 7.5% hit rate decrease, but keep their 7.5% negative dodge rate. This means they hit like other classes, but dodge less still.

-Thieves drop rate bonus now effects the whole party. It does not stack, so you only need one thief, but it will be useful for OADs and quests. Or simply when you want more drops.. So no more needing the thief to KS.

-Bless, Soulbound, and Enchant are now removed as spells, but are now converted to /scribe. So you can '/scribe Bless' to make a bless scroll now. It still uses MP and the like however, but it makes more sense. Paladins can also bless now.

-Monks gain their second attack at level 4, and their third attack at level 13. They also start off with 6 hand bonus rather then 8, but it scales to the same level (so you gain attack every 3 levels rather then 4 levels, but start off lower.) Damage is the same at level 25 as the hand bonus is the same at 25.

Though nothing to do with balance I renamed AP to AD, it's your average damage, without div bonuses (div bonuses on weapon or the character). You can also see information on weapons/armor for the strength of it now too so it should help out. Any special weapons get an extra description line explaining it. (For example a weapon that gets 10% chance to deal 10% damage isn't part of the power or average damage of your character, but should be known.)

I apologize for some nerfs, it is what it is. We will balance it as time goes.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: Nov 29th Balance Changes at DT.

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:37 am

P.S. I will have to look at druids soon as they are more out there. I think they are a cut above the rest that need fixing probably.

Scytso

Postby Scytso » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:56 am

Love the new changes good balance even tho i am a monk lol.

Few more changes we could use is..

Druids when in bear form need /taunt to be a proper tank. And when in cat form they need a bit of a higher hit rate something like 5-10% nothing major but they just dont hit as offten as they should to be a dps class.

The zombie pet for lower level necros is very underwhelming, could use an hp buff seems to randomly go from 200-400-800... idk if thats intended but would help them level a lil more at lower levels if they didnt die so fast, Not sure how the sorc pets and ranger pets are yet havent got to test. While on that note zombies cost a bit to much to put out lol.

Search needs a bit of a bonus when it comes to finding thiefs and sin's just feels like they can hide a bit to long.

Just a few things that have come to mind while testing.

Folder

Postby Folder » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:08 am

Seems pretty fair these changes.

I'd like to again suggest looking into a way to reallocate stats at 25. The heal changes are rather large and people now may find they would have chosen different stats. Leveling to 25 is a LOT of time spent just to have gimped stats.
<Silhouette>

Scytso

Postby Scytso » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:14 am

I can agree with folder on that. Maybe a gold fee to change stats. like 500k gold per stat or something, That or you could do a 1 time reallocation at lvl 25 for 1-2mill gold. That way if someone messed up to bad they could fix it at a high price so as to keep gold prevalent in the game and also give the option of fully remaking your character (keeping the race and class of course just changing the stats as you see fit).

Just to reiterate im not talking about adding any extra stats for any gold fees lol just for those out there that might think that.

Scytso

Postby Scytso » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:22 am

I would also like to throw out there that i firmly beleave that ppl should NOT be able to trade characters. It only promotes irl buying and selling of characters which in return promotes botting cause ppl will push harder to make 25ers and anything we can do to remove the reason for botting is a good thing. They should mean more than just currency. Not to mention ppl can just have someone else do all the work making the game pointless.
Last edited by Scytso on Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

killa

Postby killa » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:25 am

I agree with the changes, looks good man

killa

Postby killa » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:27 am

Scytso wrote:I would also like to throw out there that i firmly beleave that ppl should NOT be able to trade characters. It only promotes irl buying and selling of characters. They should mean more than just currency. Not to mention ppl can just have someone else do all the work making the game pointless.

without a roller we all have access to the same stats, why would someone want to buy a char they can easily obtain? in rok it was all about the perfect stat chars, once that's gone imo it takes the want to buy a char away.

Scytso

Postby Scytso » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:29 am

Cause it takes a long time to grind out a 25er lol and ppl are lazy.

killa

Postby killa » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:34 am

I'm extremely lazy and I thought it was too easy to get to 25 lol, some people I tell ya...

Return to “Archive Chat”