Tomb caught botting and is now a Staff Member?

Aftershock

Re: Tomb caught botting and is now a Staff Member?

Postby Aftershock » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:04 pm

So if i set my Bot going i can have Staff?

Or do i need to contribute first? I do have some stuff that would help alot.
Aftershock

Aftershock

Postby Aftershock » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:07 pm

Rodeo wrote:I think that most players think his initial punishment wasn't harsh enough and with him being #1 that it was kinda like spitting in the eyes of everyone else who grinded legit to obtain the coveted rank of 25. Obviously he has skills which should be taken into consideration. But you can't blame the playerbase for being upset with what has happened it's a normal response.

Last thing anyone from the old rok community wants to see is this turn into ROK. Thats the message I am taking away from it.

I agree about the ROK bit, you all must know that I don't want 'this to be another ROK'. Again, he did get his shit removed, but his actual first 25'er was legit. All I can say is wait and see, I think it will be up to him to prove himself and I think he will. There's not much else I can say other than that.[/quote]

Shouldn't he have proven himself before being implemented on the Staff team?
Aftershock

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:07 pm

cadabra wrote:So if i set my Bot going i can have Staff?

Or do i need to contribute first? I do have some stuff that would help alot.

:roll: :roll:
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:13 pm

cadabra wrote:Shouldn't he have proven himself before being implemented on the Staff team?

I would say he did. He's worked on a world editor like I said. Builders don't need to work directly through text files, they can do so in a easy to use online buidl system that he's put a couple hundred hours into now and is still going, but is pretty much functional for items, rooms, stores, npcs, map layouts, etc. It wasn't something I just gave by random chance because he said he'd do it. It's actually up, it's being used by us on our server now, it's a great tool. He's also shown he can create some interesting areas and I think it is what we need.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:16 pm

Oh sorry, I meant prove to you guys in that case. For me, he's done alot to shown he is serious, but I understand why people feel uneasy about it. What I'm saying is give him some time to show you guys what he can do.

Aftershock

Postby Aftershock » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:21 pm

Once a cheat always a cheat. I've seen this over and over.

I'll bow out. Later.
Aftershock

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:24 pm

cya
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:26 pm

Good luck mate.

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:13 pm

Folder wrote:Yay story time!

I think my only possible issue is a conflict of interest with oad areas and staff's "normal" characters guilds. If someone is designing an oad area all the secrets to figuring it out need to be kept from their normal characters guild obviously. That's a big thing to trust someone with and I'm fine with seeing how that plays out, but it's worth considering is all I'm saying.

I've already warned my guild not to ask me a damn thing about the oad area Im designing. It takes all the fun out of watching them try and figure it out and all the rage that is going to take place lol

I've also warned them that I will not be running it for at least the first month after it's release because it would be unfair. I think a month is plenty of time for the world to get their hands on it and figure it out (Honestly I hope it takes longer than a month :lol: ) and if it does take longer than a month for someone to crack it, I will wait until then.

To me the best part about oads is watching people try and figure stuff out, watching them die and fail. (guess Im kind of morbid lol) So giving people "insider" info would just be ignorant.

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:28 pm

Exactly how it should be Cere!
<Silhouette>

Return to “Archive Chat”