The Dragon Saga - The Event

Aduka

The Dragon Saga - The Event

Postby Aduka » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:29 pm

Hello Everyone!

I am Zombeh, your friendly newly established QM-sorta. In the spirit of the Dragon Revamp, we will be hosting a World Quest starting this Saturday! This event is set to take the course over the next 5 weeks in which we will begin to learn the origins of the Dragons, why they are sudden people are no longer able to fight amongst themselves, and how the Dragon items came to be!

The quest itself will take place in 4 Phases:

Phase One: Preparation COMPLETE

Objective: Collect provisions from monsters around the world.
    How: Simply hand provisions to the NPC and it will automatically add them to your tally. It will also give you a book to track your progress and the community as a whole.
    Duration: 2 Weeks
    Quest NPC: Archaeology Assistant

RP Event: Here is your first chance of getting some RP points. I will be hosting an RP session at the Archaeology Assistant on Friday, August 6th, 2021 at 7 PM Server. I will be logging the event and points will be award based on review by NiteHawk, Kruell, and Myself.

Phase Two: The Adventure COMPLETE

Objective: Collect elementals from monsters around the world.
    How: Simply hand elementals to the NPC and it will automatically add them to your tally. It will also give you a book to track your progress and the community as a whole.
    Duration: 1 Week
    Quest NPC: Archaeology Assistant

RP Event: Here is your second chance of getting some RP points. I will be hosting an RP session at the Archaeology Assistant on Friday, August 13th, 2021 at 7PM Server. I will be logging the event and points will be award based on review by NiteHawk, Kruell, and Myself.

Phase Three: The Downside

Objective: Defeat the minions of Demi
    How: Dispatch them as they arrive on our plane.
    Duration: 1 Week
    Quest NPC: None

RP Event: Here is your last chance of getting some RP points. I will be hosting an RP session starting at the World Event Center in Seamoor on Friday, August 20th, 2021 at 7 PM Server. I will be logging the event and points will be award based on review by NiteHawk, Kruell, and Myself.

Phase Four: The Real Reason

During the initial two phases, players will be asked to collect various items much as was done for The Devourer and Ancient Dust quests.
Collection during the first two phases will determine where you place in the quest standings.

The last two phases will not be disclosed during this time, but it should be a lot of fun!

Drops

Dropped By: Monsters (Of Course!)
Level Range: 16 - 25 - The higher the level, the better the chance.

I know this has been a point of contention in the past. This time around we are employing a drop locking system that will only allow the killer of the monster to pick up the item. They are also account bound.

So, why should you be there? Let me tell you why!

Community Goals:
    Unlock Level 1: 1600 Items Collected - 5% XP / 1% Gold Boost!
    Unlock Level 2: 3200 Items Collected - 10% XP / 1.5% Gold Boost!
    Unlock Level 3: 6400 Items Collected - 15% XP / 7% Gold Boost!
    Unlock Level 4: 12800 Items Collected - 15% XP / 7% Gold Boost, 1 Week Wheel of Chance!
    Unlock Level 5: 25600 Items Collected - 15% XP / 7% Gold Boost, 2 Week Wheel of Chance!

Phase 4 - RP/Participation
    Unique (Choice) Armor - Mysteriously*
*Winners of Phases 1 & 2 cannot win this prize. One "Big" prize per person.

1st place:
    1 Free Item Rename OR 1 Month Gold Premium
    Unique (Choice) Armor - Mysteriously
    Dragonskin Satchel
    Chance Ring
    4% Evil Ember

2nd/3rd place:
    1 Free Character Lookover Description
    Unique (Choice) Armor - Radiant
    Dragonskin Satchel
    Chance Ring
    5% Divinity Ember

Top 25% players and above:
    Dragon Satchel
    5% Divinity Ember
    Chance Ring

Top 50% players and above:
    Dragonskin Satchel
    4% Divinity Ember
Participation award:
    Dragonskin Satchel

I am looking forward to this event and I am excited to see what kind of adventure we can all have together! The conclusion of this quest will involve a live role-play section, so be ready to have a little fun with it!

Thanks,

Zombeh

Aduka

Re: The Dragan Saga - The Event

Postby Aduka » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:29 pm

The Dragon Saga

“Stories have long been told about the origins and meanings of the Dragons, but those are largely based upon the tellers own views of what is fact and fiction. The truth of the matter? Ah, well the truth is much, much darker and fact is very different from the stories of fiction.

It has been whispered in an Age far before ours that there was once a Great War that resulted in catastrophe. A war so heinous and driven by a lust for power that the lands would be forever scarred by it. It was then that the Dragons came to be. Weapons, born from the magics of the Pantheon and imbued with their essence, were turned into mystical beasts and unleashed upon each other in hopes of victory, but in the end only suffering was to be had by the people of the lands.

Once the lust of the Pantheon had been fulfilled the war came to end and the lands fell quiet again. However the evil born of their magic couldn’t simply be undone. They could no longer control it, for as their ambitions drove them with fiery passion so did it fuel their creations. In the end, the Dragons would be a slave to none and met without equals. It was long thought that they would forever ravage the lands and bring upon its destruction until Lumi stepped in and restored balance, however, no action by Lumi has ever been unseen by Demi.

In time the weapons would finally be placed into a slumber and forgotten and left to rest for eternity in hopes that their wrath would never be unleashed again, but as the story goes nothing is ever truly gone - just simply forgotten.

It is said that a Demi-God, influenced by Demi, stumbled upon the Dragons. Seeing their slumber and enticed by curiosity he awakened them and once again the terrors would be released from their bonds and leave nothing but destruction in their wake.

In time the heroes of the lands would discover the secret that they held and imbue weapons with their powers as a sign of their successes and all would be well. Many preached that the “End of Dragons” was here and the lands would once again be at peace.

That is until the lust for power and wealth took over.

As if swayed by the darkness that lies in the depth of all our souls the sightings of these terrors brought on nothing but bitter war and the clashing of sword and spell could be heard almost immediately. It was long thought that an end would never be found as the hero bands formed and slowly brought one another to ends. Driven mad by greed and a lust for glory the lands filled with quarrel and lines were drawn between factions. It was as if all hope was lost...and then the awakening came ....”

Aduka

Re: The Dragon Saga - The Event

Postby Aduka » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:51 pm

“They say that when you awaken a giant, time stands still in awe.” - Unknown Sage

This is the story of the second awakening. Aroused from their slumber the magnificent beasts unleashed their terror on the lands once more and their twisted, blackened hearts brought anguish and despair to anywhere they touched. Their unbridled rage that fueled them failed to wane even to the strongest of adventurers and all hope appeared to be lost. The war between the mighty hero bands which called themselves guilds began to boil; Their greed fueled hatred became almost as constant as the clamoring of blade and magic, the stench of death filled every corner of the lands leaving to question if the age of men would finally end. It was then, almost as if Dragons had never arisen, that the lands fell silent and an amazing rapture began.

Lumi, seeing the destruction and malice between the heroes called out, singing in beautiful arcane melody. Ciruin answered back as it began to glow in a magnificent display, and then the Dragons began to answer the call, crying out to Lumi in anguish. Influenced by her touch, the Dragons themselves returned to their true natures and for the first time in many, many years the Dragons answered to their true names:

Volskurr, the lightning of Voltus
Forfrysning - the Frostbite of Riva
Eldigen, the Fiery One of Pyron
Nereklon - The Nether Clone of Nox
Droulknyr - The Deathsick One of Terra

The power of their names brought them back to a semblance of control and bound them to their sacred locations which brought them closer to the Pantheon that breathed life into them. The scales they once shed returned to the essence which fueled them and their ability to incite wars quelched. Shortly after this those who fought them began to feel their essence long after the Dragons had flown away, and whispers began to spread that this was something of old age - something from the Great War.

It was then I first learned of Zestari Elmanor and the temple he sought. He claimed to have found indications of Lumi and Demi, long quested for answers of the Pantheon, and a Temple, but I cannot remember such an excursion taking place. Afterall, I do believe that if this was to take place surely it would be grand news. Surely someone would write of it, but alas it was confirmed that no records existed. So, I began my search. During this time Zestari would align with the Drevlar Archaeological Research Society and plan his excavations. He would chase the stories of old and attempt to find the Temple of the Dragon..

Sadly, this would come to pass and the sealed gates would be open once more sounding out a call for Demi to hear. As I said before, no action by Lumi goes unseen and unanswered by Demi. Surely there would be a price for this?

Then, the Forge was found. Buried deep within the Drelvar City the forge of the ancient dwarves rested, forever silenced, but yet again Zestari would have an answer. This time his claim was that with the proper magicks and the right reagents it could be unearthed and ignited. Again, he commanded the heroes of the lands to gather them for him as he attempted to locate a spell to ignite the forge, but none stopped to question if they should. I fear that if these events are to transpir….”

Aduka

Postby Aduka » Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:56 pm

Hello Everyone!

I wanted to take a moment to give everyone a brief rundown of everything that has happened since the introduction of the PVE Dragons, as well as give you a general primer for this RP session scheduled for Friday, August 20th at 7 PM.

There isn’t really in the way of lore for this last section since there isn’t anything special we will be uncovering coming this Friday. I also didn’t want to take away from to story we’ve all shared and make up something that didn’t fit, so no story lore this week - sorry!

Below, you will find a quick summary of what we know:

Dragons are creations of the Patheon (Gods and Goddesses)
    Dragons were once used as weapons by the Pantheon.
    Greed/Power broke the connection between the Dragons and the Pantheon.
    Lumi restored the Dragons to their original state.
    Dragons no longer drop scales, instead essence.
    Essence is harvested by the Dragon Priests (found north of Drelvar City) into dormant scales they gather from the Dragons.
    Lumi has a high priest in the temple.
    Demi is upset that Lumi has shifted the balance.
    Zestari may/may not be in league with Demi.
    Zestari led the adventures to the Dragon Forge.
    Zestari lit the forge.
    Zestari helped Demi’s forces cross over into our plane of existence.
    Zestari says he isn’t the bad guy but needed to keep the world balanced.
Important things that will affect your gameplay:

Scales are purchased with dragon points now.
    Quests to get scales are in the Dragon Temple north of Drelvar City.
    Scales cost 3100 Dragon Points.
    Dragon Items are now made below Drelvar City. Look for the entrance by the waterfall.

Aduka

Postby Aduka » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:29 pm

Everything has been awarded now. Please check your character listed below. If there is any issues, please contact the administration.

Official Phase 1 & 2 Standings
    1st Place: CarI
    2nd Place: Motoki
    3rd Place: Elf

Top 25%

Placate
    Cyclops
    Actaeon
    GrimmReaper
    Baphomet
    Trogdor
    Quincy
    Leonidas
    Shawty
    Lutz
    Badboys
    Liloa
    Jahar
    Tyrargo

Top 50%

Cid
    Dastan
    Sani
    Ghosted
    Filgabyrn
    Mars
    White_Ninja
    Banshee
    Mahariel
    Naugrud
    Faescist
    Bantam
    Foxen
    Bearbearian

Participation

Atlantes
    Teddybear
    Godofgods
    Reaper
    Skadi
    Scarloc
    Mail
    Fled
    Eol
    Monkee
    Fastycasty
    Abomination
    Omni
    Abu
    ZombiePippin
    Abortion
    Baas
    Gordius
    Ferrah
    Owun
    Taco
    Kardigan
    Disarranged
    Lavada
    Elhlonna
    Doom
    Squirrely_Dan
    Nightwolf

Unofficial RP Standings - P1 & P2

Names indicated in red are unable to win RP prize.

Cascadia
    Actaeon
    Tranglam
    Old_One
    Datagaliwabe
    Seabass
    Bartender
    Inverno
    Starstryke
    Futch
    Bart_
    Jiminy