Change to Fade spell.

daedroth

Change to Fade spell.

Postby daedroth » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:27 am

How about changing the fade spell so it works until you attack?
So it will be good for first strike. Also how about it having an effect like blind on attackers while it is up (-2 AGL to attackers or +2 AGL to the invisible peeps - until they attack off course, obviously blind and fade effects do not combine).
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Folder

Re: Change to Fade spell.

Postby Folder » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:12 am

I agree that Fade should break on attack. I'm not a fan of the full group fade meta, it seems out of place to me and makes pvp a bit weird when you can't see anyone.

Surprise attack +agi is an interesting idea, maybe just +1 though.
<Silhouette>

Sicx

Postby Sicx » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:20 am

Sweet, I guess Rogues will be getting that bonus as well then. Fade should break on attack, or if you drop or pick up an item.
In game: Diablo, Satan, Sicx, Nyte
Guardians of Darkness

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:21 pm

I kind of like how it is to be honest. If it was changed you would have to make it so you can't be hit while you are in fade.

Folder

Postby Folder » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:01 pm

The thing that I dislike about it most is one of usability. You are forced to type "a XXXX" to attack someone. It breaks the ability to click attack, and like it or not a lot of people click attack. It's fine for a sneak attack but when entire 6v6 battles are happening while faded it's a little out of hand imo. Thinking way ahead to a tablet client this not being able to target someone easily is fairly game breaking.

Why would you have to change it so you can't be hit while faded? I don't see the connection there. If you take any offensive action it breaks, that's all. Just being hit doesn't break it. At least that's what is being proposed anyway.
<Silhouette>

Sicx

Postby Sicx » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:17 pm

Or even make it so you can't be attacked invis...so what. But multiple people faded attacking would be ..uh...ridiculous.. I've yet to experience it yet, didn't even know it was a thing.
Guardians of Darkness

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:41 am

As I said before I like how it is now but back in rok you couldn't be attacked while invis but once you did attack it broke invis. It worked like hide but you couldn't even be searched out so you always got the first attack. I think it's a lot more fair in its current state.

Folder

Postby Folder » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:43 am

You like full groups fighting while faded? Stealth overload isn't good or fun gameplay imo. It also just plain makes no sense lore wise - ok you can attack someone who is faded if you type it out, but they are otherwise completely invisible and free to attack as they please?

Any input on the tablet client issue? If that's a serious idea that's going to happen at some point then this needs to be looked at because this will be a huge disadvantage for anyone playing like that.
<Silhouette>

Sicx

Postby Sicx » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:54 am

So..yeah, If I get PK'd by 6 invisible people and they stay invis the whole time then I'm quitting, lol. I'll not be a part of that meta. In what game would that ever be fun/fair?
Guardians of Darkness

Deehok

Postby Deehok » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:23 pm

I was just talking about this with a buddy and we feel a good counter would be to let FF take you out of fade and keep you from fading again for the duration. It breaks stealth so why not fade? Personally I like fade but the full invisible party fights are goofy as hell.

Return to “Archive Chat”