- 1 Dragons
- 1.1 General Info
- 1.2 Eldigen the Crimson Dragon
- 1.3 Droulknyr the Virulent Dragon
- 1.4 Oundviklig
- 1.5 Nereklon the Twilight
- 1.6 Volskurr the Tempest
- 1.7 Forfrysning the Crystal
- 2 Other
Dragons are world bosses that spawn in a random order each day, generally 8 minutes after the hour at12am 5am, 9am, 4pm, 8pm server time.
After spawning, there is a 3 minute "group up" window where the dragons are immune to all attack, and players can prepare themselves (in Ember parlance the dragons "haven't landed yet").
Once on the ground the players have a set amount of time before the dragon flies off and the encounter is finished.
Dragons encounters are PVE and generally players cannot attack each other when a dragon is present (except in the case of Oundviklig where PVP is permitted)
Dragons do not drop loot directly, instead they award points to players based off participation (healing, attacking, buffing PC, etc.) These points ("essences") can be spent in the forgotten temples north of Drevlar. 2000 points of a given essence can be redeemed for 1 scale of the corresponding divinity. 30 scales of a given divinity can be exchanged for various weapons and armors in Alderra.
On average, full participation in a dragon encounter will net you roughly 250 essence points, meaning you will get one scale for about every 8 times you defeat a dragon, and one item in approximately 240 encounters with a given dragon.
You can see how many essences you have for each dragon by typing "/dp"
Eldigen the Crimson Dragon
Server message: A loud roar shakes the very core of the earth! It seems to be coming from Southern Wasteland!
Eldigen has 4 main attacks:
- The first is the standard melee attack or claws, dealing melee damage to the target. its affected by dodge rate, damage reduction and any divinity bonuses you have. as well as any dragonwall affixes.
- The second attack is a flame breath, this does devastating damage, especially to those not of Riva divinity. sometimes can even kill people from full health. This attack can be avoided by high wisdom, or lowered by divinity bonus, magic negation reduction, and dragon wall affixes.
- The 3rd attack is the tail slap. the dragon will lock the room so no one can flee. then around 4s later it will release it's tail attack. players caught without stamina will suffer 60% damage to their hit points and may be knocked backwards and hit again from recoil. players that saved at least 1 stamina when the tail swings take significantly less damage.
- The 4th attack is the squeeze. Eldigen will grab hold of you and squeeze you for 6 rounds. this attack is only lowered by magic negation and cannot be avoided. those caught without healing most likely hit the temple. And even then, sometimes the healing isn't enough.
- Eldigen sometimes takes flight. when flying, melee characters cannot hit the dragon. at that point it is a magic only boss. An enchanter may cast stoneskin on the dragon and it will crash back down a few moments later.
- Buffs like the enchanter's stone skin is also very useful for negating damage.
Droulknyr the Virulent Dragon
Server message: A powerful explosion shakes the very core of the earth! It seems to be coming from Forgotten Maze!
- This dragon can only be damaged with magical attacks.
- Droulknyr will cast a poison bomb on a player that will explode after a short period. This can be prevented by casting remedy on the affected character.
- Droulkynyr will also let out a roar that drains mana from players. Make sure to have ample mana potions if you are a spell wielding class.
- It is recommended to have a Sorcerer to cast stoneskin on the party to reduce damage from physical attacks.
- Guardians can be useful in this fight as they can remove the poison bomb affect from players, removing some load from the main healer.
Server message: The sky goes dark and a sinister laugh echos through the lands! It seems to be coming from Farmland!
- Oundviklig is known as the "PVP dragon". Unlike other dragon encounters, players can attack and kill each other during this encounter.
- Oundviklig saps the players of their divinity, removing the positive and negative affects associated with them.
- Additionally, Oundviklig's reflective scales deal a portion of damage he receives back at the player.
- Oundviklig does not award points based on participation like the other dragons. Instead he drops Reflective Scales that can be turned in to a quest giver in the temples north of Drevlar for 100 points each towards any dragon of your choice.
- These scales can be traded or sold.
- They have a 100% chance of dropping on your death.
Nereklon the Twilight
Server message: A dark rumble shakes the very core of the earth! It seems to be coming from Wiken Graveyard!
- Nereklon summons a group of shadow enemies that mirror player classes and races. killing these shadows are the only way to damage the dragon.
- If you are an enchanter, do not summon your golem, as it will explode causing damage to the party.
Volskurr the Tempest
Server message: A loud burst shakes the very core of the earth! It seems to be coming from Mountain Summit!
- Volskurr strikes with his claws, dealing high damage.
- Tempest will paralyze players, making it hard to survive if you are not hidden.
- Generally people bring hiders to this dragon to avoid its paralyzing strike
Forfrysning the Crystal
Server message: A loud screech shakes the very core of the earth! It seems to be coming from Ruins of Seta!
- This dragon can only be damaged by melee attacks
- Tail whip: The dragon will lock the room so no one can flee. then around 4s later it will release it's tail attack. players caught without stamina will suffer 60% damage to their hit points and may be knocked backwards and hit again from recoil. players that saved at least 1 stamina when the tail swings take significantly less damage.
- Forfrysnig will spawn an orb that needs to be nuked down with magic damage, otherwise it does massive damage.
- Forfrysnig claws will glow and deal massive damage, stunning a player. Make sure you have plenty of health
- The Crystal dragon can also cast beams that do high damage. These must be healed through.
- Priests can smite the orb to nuke it down faster.
Server message: The world darkens as an ancient evil rises from the depths of the graveyard...
Thanatos spawns randomly once a day after 7pm server time.
How to get to him
- Thanatos spawns in the crypt located underneath the center square in Wiken Graveyard. To gain access, you have to have a Spectral Stone in your inventory. Unlike other keys however, once used by one player for a day, all players can access the crypt without needing a key in their inventory.
- This key is dropped by the mini boss Mort Wraith, who can be found roaming the Wiken Graveyard.
- Thanatos' crypt is a 3x3 grid, where each room has special properties:
- Mirror room -- Damage heals and heals damage
- Can't use any potions
- Can only use magic
- Fizzle room -- no magic allowed
- which room has which properties is determined randomly on server reset
- Additionally, the center-North and center-South rooms are KTP (must kill all enemies to leave)
- Thanatos will move randomly between fights, forcing the party to adapt there fighting style depending on the mechanics of the rooms listed above.
- Thanatos randomly spawns groups of four spirits:
- Murderous Spirt (Can backstab for +1800 damage)
- Violet Spirit (just does normal DPS)
- Devout Spirit (Will heal you)
- Righteous Spirt (Will cast buffs on you)
- Generally, you want to kill the spirts that are detrimental for your specific room:
- For example, Kill the Devout Spirit in the mirror rooms, but leave them alive otherwise (unless you are in KTP room)
- Leave the murderous Spirit alive in mirror rooms.
- You can gain access to the crypt prior to Thanatos spawning to plan your party:
- If there are a lot of magic only rooms, bring spell DPS like Death Mages, etc.
- Thanatos is an evil demon, and therefore can be smited by Priests.
- Guardians are useful in this fight due to their ability to do physical and magical damage.
- Guardians can also cast smite on the spirits that Thanatos spawns.
- A party of at least four level 25's is recommended for this fight.
|Crown of Torment||Epic||25||8000|
|Staff of Torment||Epic||25||5000|